The second generation of the World Wide Web in now defined by Web 2.0. Web 2.0 is completely focused on capability for people to work together and share information online. It is basically known for a change over from static HTML web pages to more dynamic web pages that are more organized as well. Other enhanced functionality of Web 2.0 consists of open communication with in different platforms in order for more open sharing of information. Technology (such as: ajax) allows the customers to interact with the information in Web 2.0. The basic idea behind Web 2.0 was enabling non-professional peoples to create applications and Web site easily.
Hence the Web 2.0 may feature the following techniques:
- It use network as a platform as it transfer or receive applications completely through a browser.
- Users receive, change and control the data on the site.
- Participatory architecture in which user can add or edit worth to the application according to their requirement.
- A rich, interactive, user-friendly interface based on Ajax or similar technologies.
- Some social-networking aspects.
- Blog publishing.
- XML Webservice APIs.