The Joomla Project has announced the availability of Joomla 2.5.5, which is a security release. The Production Leadership Team’s goal is to continue to provide regular, frequent updates to the Joomla community.
The update process is very simple, for which complete instructions are available. It has been now providing more easier and better ways for updating than copying the files with FTP. One can download it from the following link: http://www.joomla.org/announcements/release-news/5427-joomla-255-released.html
The following new features have been added:
- Add abiltiy to copy a template
- Implementation of Terms of Service
- Option to disable the ability to change the Username in Profile
- Set the CSS class for JForm field label
- Add counter to redirect component
- Add feature readmore in feed items. Also bugfix for fulltext in feed items.
- Media formfield: show preview
- Add the ability to limit the number of password resets within a time period
- Improve user feedback during automatic version update
- Add buttons in each menu selection tab in the module admin manager.
- Multi-File Upload